Saturday, October 10, 2009

Birthday Gifts



I know it's been over a week since my birthday but I wanted to show you some of the wonderful gifts I received! Look at the picture above for my haul! I got beauty items (wrinkle cream) from my sister (ahem), slippers from my brother, a FLIP WILSON DVD from my other sister (YES!), and a sweet angel that holds a lit candle from my mom.




Check out these beautiful mixing bowls I got from my husband. I actually bought them myself because he said, "Just get whatever you want and say it's from me." I like that kind of gift. I had seen them in a gift shop last July and the owner said, "That's my last set." Well, I had the opportunity to get back to the shop in September and, lo and behold, if the "last set" wasn't still there! That means it was meant to be, right???



My sweet daughter bought this apron for me. (Doesn't she make a cute model?) She knows how I love to wear aprons everyday. If I'd have known, I would have sent her over to the Pansy Cottage Girl to check out more aprons. But I'm perfectly happy with the adorable apron my girlie picked out for me.




Look at this whimsical rainy day fabric in pink and brown. So "Small World!" I'm sure that's why she chose it. I am a HUGE fan of Mary Blair.




I also wanted to show you some of the cards I received. The one above is a vintage card from my Mom. She knows how I love old stuff...but she didn't want to sign it!




My God-mother sent me this card! It is SOOO me! I make no secret of my Dumpster Diving! The inside of the card says, "I'm still searching for the perfect gift." HA!



This last card was so adorable, I had to share it. Look at their cute little "paws." This card is from my sister. We were never this close at this young age because she is 6 years older than I. But now we are the bestest of friends! WE dance together ALL the time now!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Savvy-Motherhood said...

wowzer I LOVE that apron! great post!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Rosie,
LOVE your Christmas garage sale treausres, SCORE!!! The stuffed Santa is worth a little $$$.
How awesome that you rec'd those old Santa's from a stranger.
Very nice bowls and apron :) I bet they look perfect in your kitchen.
Warmly,
Deb :)

★Carol★ said...

Great birthday haul, especially the Flip Wilson DVD!
I ALWAYS buy my own gifts now, then let my husband give them to me! It's so much easier that way. I get what I want, and he doesn't have to struggle to come up with something that I might like. It's a win/win situation!