Sunday, January 17, 2010

Valentine Shadowbox

BEFORE:

I found this tiny shadowbox at the thrift store. It's a mass-produced blue and mauve number from the '80, judging by the colors. I took it home to use as the base for my first-ever try at shadow boxes. I figured I would start out small. (The dime will give you a size reference...)

AFTER:

I used
an old sheet of Valentine scrapbook paper and some small doilies, found a figural button and some ribbon, added some glitter and I was done. The most time consuming part was figuring out the placement of the items.
But I like how it turned out and maybe next time I will try for something a little bigger!
Have fun making your own,
Rosie

8 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Rosie!!
How fun to transform that little shadow box to something very sweet.
I pass up on so many "things" at the thrift store because my mind isn't always thinking "what could I do with this"!!!
Thanks for sharing your cute idea.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Rosie! Doing up a shadow box is on my "list" of wanna do's! ♥

Emily said...

What a great idea!

★Carol★ said...

Your valentine shadowbox turned out so sweet! I just made my second one today, and I would be happy to make them every day, they're so much fun!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

OH!OH!OH! Rosie, I LOVE THIS! What a great idea!!

Regarding those vintage decorations and the glue gun...I haven't had that happened yet and I have made many of these the past couple months using everything from really thin glass to really old...I wish I could tell you what to do!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!!That is so cute...Kathy

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Oh Rosie, that is just the cutest! Happy Day!

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! You actually made me feel much better--I hated to think I'd mislead people with unclear writing, but YOU got it!!