Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Easy Jewelry box Make-Over

I've been seeing these make-overs everywhere! They looked so cute I thought I'd give it a try!


 
I grabbed these jewelry boxes from my shop (the thrift store that I manage) because they have been there FOREVER!  They were your average, run-of-the-mill wood box with drawers.


 I spray painted two of them white and left the smallest one in its natural wood.



Then I added snips of scrapbook paper with a decoupage medium to the sides and drawer fronts.


The largest one looks great with a faux wood paper.


And the little birdie paper matches nicely!


This one was the easiest. I used a multi-patterned paper that was easy to mix up.


It was all one 12"x12" paper but had lots of prints that I could cut up for the drawers.


Not much cutting. I just used my square punch and popped out all those little squares.




This little one was fun. I didn't paint it white, but after putting all the paper on its surfaces, I wiped it down with a dark brown paint to sort of "antique" it. Then I brushed a gold paint along all the edges, wiping some of it away for a worn look. I just love the little fawns and owls on the topside.


One last thing to do... I will spray a light coat of  polyurethane all over to protect it.
 I had so much fun trying this! You can do this! It's so easy!
love
rosie


4 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

LOVE THEM!!! Makes me want to run out and buy some! They turned out so pretty!
Warmly,
deb

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Absolutely A-DOR-A-BLE!!! Seriously I love them all!

BeckyKay said...

These are adorable!!! Oh my goodness! What a great idea!

Ginamonster said...

Here Via Raymie. This is adorable! Totally pinning it!