Wednesday, June 11, 2008


Those of you who know me, know how I love garage sales! The following pictures are from the opening weekend of the garage sale season. The buys were incredible. The treasures you see in this photo cost me no more than $20  and I even came home with a bit of change in my pocket!



The priciest piece was the 3-tier what-not shelf at a whopping $5. There are 3 copper buckets that fit in 3 holes on the bottom shelf, for plants I think.




The old market scale was $3, lamp .50, tin toy $1, spool .10.


I got 2 sets of vintage lemonade pitchers with matching glasses for $1.25 each. All the nic-nacks were .05-.25 each.













Awesome leather cowgirl boots (a perfect fit!) $2.00! And a gorgeous, vintage plaid taffeta prom dress with crinoline, .50!








Vintage golf purse, $1. Pastel cottage painting, .25. Lot of vintage ribbons and hankies, .25.




Large paint-by-number hunting scene, .50. Silver-toned floor lamp with marble base, $2. Large silverplate compote, .75. Rusted blue metal childs garden chair, .50.







A week of garage sale-ing with my beautiful mother.....PRICELESS!!!!

3 comments:

Teena Vallerine said...

Yes, Doctor, she's a hopeless case! But my goodness that girl can spot a bargain!!
Mum looks a bit unsure about it all!! That's good sign. Nothing worse than going looking for treasures with someone who likes all the same things as you're after! Thank-you for sharing - I feel much better about my hoards now! t.x

Pete Lange said...

you are the original junk gypsy

Marlayna said...

mother, you're amazing! working weekends sure does put a kink in my garage sale hunting training...found an amazing little 'junk' store a few blocks from my house...you gotta check it out...filled to the brim with stuff...i'm talking stuffed like grandma's garage...you can't even get to all the treasures in there...well, i mean, i bet YOU could :) love you, keep up the incredible work!