Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Chair Make-Over

I bought this ratty old chair at a garage sale last year and it has been sitting in the garage begging for attention. This week I finally got around to getting the darn thing done. I bought it because it had good strong bones and I especially liked the curved arms.

The paint was peeling and from the looks of the rust orange upholstery, it has been an "outdoor" chair. I took off all the ugly fabric and when I had given the wood a fresh coat of paint, I dug around my stash of material for something pretty.

I decided on this vintage blue fabric that I had gotten at the Salvation Army. I had about 2 yards. It only took one to cover the chair.


Here she is! (click on photo to enlarge.) What do you think? $2 for the chair, .50 for the fabric, paint I already had. I'm just too cheap!



8 comments:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

It turned out beautiful...hugs...m.

Emily said...

Awesome redo!!!

Emily

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

OH Rosie, Bravo! Its beautiful. What a handy girl you are;)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Rosie, thank you for leaving me a note on the wallpaper!! I'm so glad you got some & will be trying it out. Please let me know how your projects turns out, I'd really love to do a Mr. Linky party for everyone who uses that beadboard wallpaper, OK?!

And, WOW at the chair, I love this little gem. What a deal you found, it is truly adorable now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosie,

Love it, love it, love it!!!That would sell for about $250.00 or more at a boutique!! You did a beautiful job and I love the fabric.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Rosie,
I lOVE your re-do of that chair!! While I don't know if it would sell for the price LeAnn thinks...it's priceless because you did it!!
Do you have a follower thingy?! I'd like to follow your blog!
Happy 4th !!
Deb :)

Fawn said...

Oh, I'm in love with your chair! I love the lines, I love the fabric...it looks fantastic!

Heidi Ann said...

That is one of the most beautiful chairs I have EVER seen.
I am completely serious.
I absolutely love it.