Friday, October 16, 2015

The GREAT (Honeycomb) Pumpkin!

Check out the size of THIS baby! My friend came into the shop with some incredible donations. All vintage Thanksgiving 1960's grocery store displays for C&H Pure Cane Sugar. 

She had 3 of these ginormous honeycomb pumpkins! As you can see, one takes up most of the space on my loveseat. She also gave me some displays with adorable graphics of kids dressed up in Indian/Pilgrim outfits. (Will show in a later post.) I'm still trying to ID the artist and do a little more research on them. They kinda have a Pete Hawley vibe.


Here are a few more treasures that came into the shop. 

Large Beistle halloween in excellent condition! 



Original price tag of .25c! I love when that's still on there!!

Here's a pic of my current Halloween shelves. I kinda just threw it together because I didn't have much time but I like it. (I'm prepping for a dinner party tonight). 

Here's a pic from last night with my glowing blowmolds and spooking ghost lighting up the window. I made that ghost last year from an old sheer curtain from the thrift store. I just laid it on the floor, free-handed the shape with a pencil, cut it out and taped it to the window! Super simple! Its even ghostly in the daylight! 

love rosie


2 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

WOW, that is huge! I've never seen one so big! Cute display of your Halloween treasures. Mine might not get displayed this year...I'm going to paint the living room next week...
warmly,
deb

Kathy said...

We moved from a 4000 sq ft house to a 1000 sq ft house in March and I've been having a hard time decorating because I have no room! I got my Halloween decorations out of storage last week and they have been sitting on a table since then, thank you for getting me in the spirit (see what I did there?) - I'm going to decorate today!