Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Kelsey



See the dog in this picture? She is one happy camper! Look at the smile on her face. She is sitting next to her "best friend." (see the little round guy??)



She is our Kelsey. We've had her for 14 years and today we had to put her into a restful peace.


She was a faithful, obedient, loyal dog who gave us everything she had.


She loved to lie on the cool kitchen floor.


And when it got too difficult to climb the step to the kitchen, she was satisfied to lay and watch us from the back room.


She gave the world 8 loving pups, one of which we still have.





Thank you Lord for the gift of such a sweet life. We will miss her.
rosie

10 comments:

Miss Rhea said...

I am SO very sorry. My two are my "other children" so I feel so deeply for your loss. Hugs

Kim Campbell said...

I'm sorry, No matter how you look at it, it is so hard. Peace.

Kathy said...

Rosie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know she is in a better place now and hopefully you will find peace in knowing this. Kathy

Dave said...

We'll miss her, too, Roseann. Best dog I've ever had the pleasure to know? Yeah, I think so...

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Oh Rosie,
I am so, so sorry and sharing tears of your beloved "girl"...
I love the photos you showed of her.
Warmly,
Deb

Shara said...

Bless your heart. Losing a pet - it's a hard, hard thing. Looks like she had a beautiful life and a loving family. I am so sorry.

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

awwww (((hugs))) So hard to lose a good friend.

Emily said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Rosie!!!

Pete Lange said...

great pics honey (sniff)

konza15 said...

Roseann and Pete,

Kelsey is in doggy heaven with her baby Konza, free of pain, lounging in the sun and chasing tennis balls together! She was a wonderful dog who brought wonderful puppies into this world. Kirk and I cried for you all when we heard this news - so, so sorry. Think of the happy times and the tears will come less often. Love you all. Kirk, Susan and kiddos (p.s. it has been 2 years since Konza died and we are getting ready to adopt a new Golden. I will send pictures once we find our new family member!)