Friday, September 11, 2015

Christmas Thrifting and other Junque

The weather has FINALLY cooled down enough to feel a little like Fall and that puts me in the Christmas mood even more than I usually am. A recent visit to the thrift store netted some great finds! 

WARNING: DISASTER AREA AHEAD...

This is what the Christmas section looks like at our Salvation Army YEAR ROUND! Its so exhasting to find anything in that mess. I spent about 15 digging around and found the ONE thing worth digging for...

Can you see what is in this baggie marked .25?

Here is a better look! One tiny strand of red mercury glass garland. SCORE! :)


Here is a view of my cart. Christmas stuff, La La Loopsy, bark cloth, metal doll house, plastic flowers, vintage photo album, etc. It was a good day.

Here are a few more finds from this weeks thrifting/yard sales. 

A pair of Parma paper mache' choir boy candle holders.

Another paper mache' angel, some foil craft ornaments, globe in acrylic (don't know why I love these but I can never pass them up!) and some tart tins for crafting. 

Look at this groovy dancing girl! I love her! I'll bet she came with an equally groovy dance partner but he was no where to be found. I think he got one of these invitations for cocktails at a more hip shindig and split the scene, man.

Melted plastic popcorn candles and a bad view of the "lace" valentine table runner that I got for a quarter. It will go to the booth.

Lastly, a good pile of pink plastic bead garland for my tree or for crafting. Of course, I found this after I had spent $6 on pink beading at Hobby Lobby... Oh well. Now I have PLENTY! ;)

Hope your thrifting and holiday crafting is PRODUCTIVE! :)

love
rosie

2 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love the mercy beads...they are opening a Hobby Lobby in my city later this month..can't wait to spend some money there! LOL!! It is almost time to think Christmas for the booths..
warmly,
deb

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, my - that is some seriously great stuff you have found!
I LOVE seeing everyone's finds, even if I do end up feeling a wee bit envious of some of it! :)