Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Christmas Addiction

You have GOT to see my garage sale Christmas SCORE! I pulled up to this sale, spyed the tableful of vintage Christmas and started scooping things up! As I was examining everything I asked, "How much is the Christmas stuff?" The reply couldn't have been sweeter if the Sugar Plum Fairy, herself, has wispered it directly in my ear...".25 cents each." WHAT?! My hands moved at lightening speed and within a minute the table was practically empty. And what did I spend? $2.50!!!
Check some if this stuff out!
Vintge plush Santa with vinyl face, hands and boots. He is in like-new condition and his beard is as white as pure fallen snow! He stands on his own, about 14" tall.

Sweet box of ornaments from Japan and Germany.

Three boxes of bobeches, complete with vintage wreaths.
Adorable red Japan angel. I have 3 or 4 just like it in white.

If anyone can help me out with info on this item, I'd appreciate it! It is a treetop angel, labled West Germany. She is approx. 6" tall, clothed in white velvet, holding a tinsel tree. She has gold foil wings and her head and hands are made of painted wax. She is in excellent condition.

I can't believe this entire box was a quarter. The angels are like they were never taken out of the box! They are labeled West Germany and embellished with silver glitter that has tarnished fabulously. Can you see the vintage tablecloth beneath the box?
I picked up a few other vintage Santas and some Lefton Holly pieces that will probably go in a lot for ebay.
Talk about "Christmas in July!" (I mean "September"), I hit the jackpot on this one. I'm still doing the "Jingle-bell" dance! ;)

6 comments:

Emily said...

Great Christmas finds and at such an unbelievable price too!! I really like the wreath candle holders!!

Emily

★Carol★ said...

I started shaking a little when I saw that first picture! That was a dream sale! Incredible score, and I don't blame you for doing the Jingle Bell dance!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Wow, what a score. I love it all. The Santa Clause is awesome. Lucky you!

Chanda said...

Hello there, hope you made it out to Jacob's Cave. There were some having yard sales and a few junk dealers, tipical flea market stuff, but I have never in my life saw so many goats, chickens, piegons, and dogs. There were lots of animals. The only good thing I bought was a great milk glass cake plate for $2.oo and a box of vintage baby girl birthday cards for $5.oo. It was a fun outing but very cold and windy and I ended up getting sick to. Now were both sick with the worst head and cheast colds.

Great yard sale you went to. Good thing I wasn't there or I would have wrestled you to the ground over the bottle brush Christmas wreaths. Ha ha. Too cool. I love putting vintage Christmas in my kitchen. I have a few things but not much.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I've always loved those German angels, but have never found a whole box before, good find!

The Little Miss said...

I have an addiction too....I love it...its always a fun thing to collect plus can you really have to much?