Friday, December 18, 2009

Vintage jewelry Christmas trees framed on Black Velvet! Just like grandma used to make!

Merry Christmas! The elves have been busy around here! "They've" been decorating, creating, wrapping etc, just as I'm sure YOU have been doing! The little wreath above was made from an old garland that my friend was throwing out. I wound it into a circle, added a couple ornaments (birdie lost his tail so I stuck a pink feather in the end!), and pinned-on some of my favorite vintage brooches.


It hangs in my bedroom where I can see it, first thing in the morning when I wake up. It's very cheery!


Our next project asks the question "What do I do with all these bags of broken vintage jewelry?"
Well, you turn it into Christmas Trees!


My daughter, Eva, made the one above and gave it to an elderly lady at church. She was delighted with it. Most of the jewelry came from her so she recognized alot of the pieces.
Eva helped me make these MINI trees. They are about 6" whereas the larger one is about 12". Do you see the girl riding her bike??
I like how they turned out. Check out he Jesus and Mary at the base of this one. I must get back to my baking. It's not REAL baking. I'm making those easy Thin-Mint cookie clones. I'll have a recipe and pics for you tomorrow.
Have a BLESSED day!
rosie

9 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS ROSIE!!!
The wreath is lovely as well as the jewerly trees. I remember my Mom making them years ago.
Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Shara said...

How haven't I found your blog before? Love the jewelry trees - they are fabulous! And, that pink "Merry Christams" is the same one that I attached to my shadow box. I gifted it to a dear blog friend.

Thanks for stoping by! You're in my favorites now.

Emily said...

I love those trees!! I must make some!! :)

Emily

Kathy said...

What a great idea to reuse old pins. I always want to buy them but didn't know what to do with them.... now I do!

★Carol★ said...

Your jewel trees are so beautiful! I just made my first one, and it was a learning experience! I will definitely do the next one differently!
Merry Christmas!
Carol

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Very creative! I think the wreath is really pretty.

The Little Miss said...

turned out soooooo cute!!!!!!! Love it!!!!! I hope you are having an amazing week and have an amazing christmas!
xo


I was wondering if you get a chance if you could go to : http://homies.apartmenttherapy.com/2009/category/kids-at-home
and nominate my blog: Littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com

All you have to do is sign up and vote for me (add me) PLEASE! :) that would be so helpful!
xo

Jan Ely said...

Love your blog and these trees are just precious! Will peek in on you now and then!!!!

Unknown said...

Ooh, I LOVE your trees! I've seen the big ones at antique stores and always drool. Never thought of making one myself, but then I'm not sure I could stand to use up so many of my pretties in such a permanent way! LOL Yours turned out just great!!