Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Mermaid's Mercantile


Our holiday in San Diego was wonderful! We spent most of our time with family at the beach house in PB (Pacific Beach).



The kids got plenty of Boogie-boarding time even though the last few days of vacation were wrought with "June Gloom." That means "chilly and overcast" ALL DAY!



But I wanted to tell you about one of the highlights of my trip: "Sister's Day Out!"



I made my invitations and sent them out before I even got to San Diego. I didn't want anyone to miss out on the fun!




Our first stop was "Out of the Blue" in Solana Beach. Owner Debi Beard hosts a gorgeous outdoor shopping venue called "The Mermaid's Mercantile." There were so many talented women showing their beautiful wares, I didn't know where to look first!



Here are just a few photos of the day:








All the booths seemed to glow under the lace canopies in the California sunshine!






I apologize for not getting the names of each lady who set up these lovely vingnettes!

I didn't get a photo of Laura Zeller's booth but she has the cutest handmade baby items. If you are in need of a one-of-a-kind baby shower gift, you will do yourself a favor if you visit her at "Posies Boutique."











This bed was SPECTACULAR! The headboard and footboard were encrusted with polished seashells.






Here is a closer view of the footboard. I am guessing Debi had a hand in this gorgeous creation.






Debi is the sweetest, talented girl!!! Visiting her shop is like stepping into a fairyland! I didn't want to leave! I SO want to come out again and take one of her fun classes!





She makes beautiful shell covered works of art done with a meticulous hand. I wish you could see all the wonderful things in her shop!



After a fun morning at The Mermaid's Mercantile, my sisters and I had a great lunch at:



I was sooo hungry I didn't think to take a picture of my YUMMY French Toast!




My sisters Rosemary and Raymie and I had a wonderful day, along with our good friend Judy. (My vintage beach hat is courtesy of my sister, from her vintage collection!)



There is more to tell about the day, including our visit to Urban Barn but that will have to wait for my next post!

God's blessings!
rosie

4 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Rosie,
LOVE the photos! Love the ocean! The one with you and your sisters is sweet! Your vacation looks wonderful. The shops also look wonderful...so many treasures and ideas!!! Love your vintage sunhat and it looks perfect on you!
FUN, FUN, FUN...
Jackson is better...allergies..not so much...poor little guy. Thanks for asking!
You are a sweet friend!
Warmly,
deb :)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What fun shopping! And you and your sisses are cute as buttons.

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh Rosie, it looks like you had so much fun with your sisters! I love that shop, I wouldn't know where to begin! I hope you had a wonderful vacation with your family.
Kathy

Pete Lange said...

nice hat dear - but not as nice as the mermaid crown that you found!