Thursday, June 12, 2008

Just a couple more stories...

I had a couple of undersized paintings that I kept swapping out on this main wall in my living room, but I have always felt that the wall needed something with more "weight" to it. Well, lookie here! An entire gallery of floral prints from the 40's, 50's & 60's! I got six of them at one garage sale last month for $5 and got the two on the far left today at another sale for .50 ea. It's a lovely "floral arrangement" for $6.
















Now check out this "freebie" I got curbside. Its a 6.5 ft white Christmas tree, pre-lit, like new and still in its original box! It was amongst other junk and furniture ready for trash pickup. It will go PERFECT in the cottage this Christmas!

4 comments:

blessings said...

6 for $5??? OMgolly!! You're never gonna believe this... I got a box in the mail today and when I opened it there was the most gorgeous pink rose painting in it. It was from goodwill.com I had bid on it and forgotten that I bid on it. Ever do that? It was like some kind of breathtaking diamond or something! Holy Cows - I was so excited. Almost like a gift, except of course that I had to pay for it myself... but I got for $14 with the shipping! I'm still shaking my head - LOL! Have a great night. Blessings... Polly

Miss Gracie's House said...

Now that's a find!!! $6.00 for all of them?? Good job!
Thanks for the visit-talk to you again!
Rene'

Pete Lange said...

that is one happening christmas tree ...

randi said...

I LOVE the gallery of pictures. What a perfect way to fill a large space on the wall!

I noticed in your profile that your daughter is in vet school. My girl will start applying later this summer. She is hoping to get into Fort Collins (I am hoping for this too since it is only 3 hours away from home!!!). Where does your girl attend?